Stake (hellostake.com) is a share trading platform for Australians. Using Stake you can buy U.S stocks without any commissions! I’ve been testing it out, and think it’s a great way to buy stocks in the U.S.
Before signing up make sure you enter this referral code: anthonyf346 to get a bonus stock.
Stake Referral Code – Get a Free Stock
Here is the latest referral code for Stake. This bonus offer will give you 1 free stock. It will either be GoPro, Nike or DropBox stock. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up to Stake using this link and enter the Stake Referral Code: anthonyf346
- Fund your account within 24 hours
- That’s it!
Get a Free Stock
When you sign up using the stake referral code above you’ll get one of three different stocks. This could be GoPro, Dropbox or Nike. You have more of chance of getting the GoPro or Dropbox stocks. But you are guaranteed to get 1 free. Nike stock is currently worth over $100, so this could be a huge sign up bonus!
What is Stake
Stake is a trading platform for U.S shares built for Australians. In the past it has been super expensive for Australians to trade U.S shares. We don’t have access to free trading platforms like Robinhood. Well Stake is looking to shake things up by offering commission free share trading on U.S stocks. This means you can invest in shares like Apple, Netflix, Tesla, Microsoft and more. You can also invest in ETFs from companies like Vanguard.
Stake makes money on a small FX conversion fee. So when you fund your account with AUD (using a bank transfer or credit card) it gets converted into USD. The FX fee is competitive and better than what Australian banks charge. So overall you should end up saving money compared to using platforms like Commsec. It’s especially useful for traders who don’t want to invest a lot of money at any one time.
I’m currently use Stake to invest in a portfolio of ETFs such as the ARKK (Ark Innovation), ARKG (Ark Genomic), VUG (Vanguard Growth Index). These ETFs give me exposure to US companies and are part of my overall diversified portfolio. My holding some of my wealth in US listed ETFs and Stocks I’m hedging against changes in the AUD.
Advantages of Using Stake
- Commission Free – Don’t pay the huge ($9+) commissions on U.S shares that traditional brokers charge. You can buy and sell without paying any commissions. Stake is one of the most cost effective ways to invest in shares from Australia.
- Invest with just $10 – You can buy fractional shares on stake with just $10 at a time. This is a great way to dollar cost average, even if you’re investing with a small amount of money.
- Only pay the FX fee – The only fee you pay is the small conversion fee when you deposit AUD. And yes, you can deposit USD. I’ve found the FX conversion fee to be very reasonable.
- Deposit using POLi – POLi lets you deposit online using your bank account. It’s a service offered by Australia Post.
- Deposit using Credit/Debit Cards – if you want to make a trade quickly and need fast access to your funds, then you can also deposit using a debit or credit card.
- Trade U.S Stocks – Trade a huge range of stocks. The ASX is tiny compared to the offerings available through Stake.
Looking for more personal finance offers?
I keep track of all the latest personal finance offers so you can always get the best deal. Here are some of the others:
- Get $5 free on Spaceship when you join and link your bank account
- Get $5 free on Raiz
- Get $1 free when you join Qmee
- Get $5 free when you join the cashback site ShopBack
- Get $10 free Bitcoin when you join CoinSpot and make a crypto purchase
- Get $100+ Free Crypto on CoinBase when you join through this link and use Coinbase Earn (for free!)
Update: We’ve updated this post with the latest referral code for Stake in 2021.